St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated Catholic health care delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry.
It is organized into three regions:
We provide a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations.
In our award-winning facilities, as well as non-traditional settings like school rooms and shopping malls, SJH maintains a "continuum of care," matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states who depend on us every day.
SJH Core Statistics
FY13 - Ending June 30, 2013
- Facilities: 16 (California, Texas & Eastern New Mexico)
- Employees: 24,279
- Total net revenue: $5 billion
- Community benefit: $337.8 million (total quantifiable community benefits excluding Medicare)
- Total licensed beds: 4,149
- Total discharges: 142,093
- Total outpatient visits: 4,015,540
- ED visits: 513,805 (non-admitted patients)
- Home Health visits: 264,753