St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated Catholic health care delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry.
It is organized into three regions:
We provide a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations.
In our award-winning facilities, as well as non-traditional settings like school rooms and shopping malls, SJH maintains a "continuum of care," matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states who depend on us every day.
SJH Core Statistics
FY12 - Ending June 30, 2012
- Facilities: 14 (California, Texas & Eastern New Mexico)
- Employees: 20,131 (full-time equivalents)
- Total net revenue: $5.2 billion (with affiliated hospitals)
- Community benefit: $351,600,000 (total quantifiable community benefits excluding Medicare; with affiliated hospitals)
- Total licensed beds: 4,169 (with affiliated hospitals)
- Total discharges: 161,903 (with affiliated hospitals)
- Total outpatient visits: 3,974,560 (with affiliated hospitals)