Trying to find a new position can be a time-consuming process. Furthermore,
it can lead to frustration when the steps involved are not understood.
St. Joseph Health attempts to provide transparency by sharing the steps
involved during our hiring process.
1. Submission of an application
Good, you are ready to apply for a position! The next step is to create
your application and tell us more about your background. To start the
process, simply select the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps
to build your candidate profile.
- Our application process has several different steps, allowing you the opportunity
to highlight what you bring to our organization and to the job
- Before you start your application, it helps to have all of your employment,
educational and licensure/certification information available
- Plan on spending 30-45 minutes or if you are short on time, save your work
and return later to complete your application. (Tip: keep your Username
and Password handy if you plan to do this)
- While several jobs may sound interesting, we really want you to only apply
to those where you actually meet the requirements listed in the posting.
Requirements are exactly that…the specific qualifications needed
for the job
- Be sure to add your resume as an attachment, giving us added insight into
your skills and background
- Before submitting your application, review your information and make any
- Don’t forget to include your electronic signature to your application
Upon receipt of your application we will send you an e-mail confirming
that it is in now our applicant system and ready for review. If you don’t
receive this e-mail in a timely manner (same day), you may want to see
if it went to your SPAM/Junk folder
3. Application Review
Your Application will first be reviewed by members of our Recruiting team.
They will look closely at the completeness of your application, determine
if you meet the minimal job requirements and assess your overall fit to
the position. Since we have a large pool of interested applicants, our
Recruiting team reviews new applicants regularly. While you may not hear
back immediately to your application, please know that we do review applicants
on a daily basis.
- If you are a potential candidate for a position, additional information
will be gathered on your skills and background. This could include a phone
screening, an in-person interview or even a skype interview conducted
by the Recruiting team or Hiring Manager.
- Candidates determined to be the most qualified for the positon will be
submitted to the Hiring Manager for consideration. If there is an interest
in meeting with you, the Manager will contact you directly to discuss
next steps in the interview process
- We Include Behavioral Based questions In our interview process These questions
are great opportunities to share your actual experiences you have had
especially when it comes to customer service, team efforts and interactions,
leadership and problem solving. Please be prepared to share examples and
the details on these experiences in your interview.
- Our goal is to fill positions in a timely manner while keeping the interviewing
process moving forward. The timeline for manager interviews and selection
decisions can vary due to a number of circumstances which can take a few
days or several weeks. If you are looking for an update, contact your
- If you are interviewed and not selected as the final candidate, you will
receive an e-mail or phone call to let you know that you are no longer
being considered for the position.
- Before an offer is made, your professional references will be requested.
You will provide this feedback through SkillSurvey, which is a system
that allows your references to respond to an on-line survey which is fast
and easy to do. You will need to identify 5 references to participate
in the process At least two of your references need to have previously
supervised/managed you in the work setting.
- All official offers of employment will be made by the Recruiter. This offer
is first extended verbally and then followed up with an official Offer
Letter and other documentation that are sent by e-mail.
- All offers are contingent on successfully completing the On-boarding process
which includes a health screen, drug test and other job related requirements.
6. Welcome & On-Boarding
- Congratulations on joining our Team!
- As a part of your transition into our organization, you will participate
in Orientation where you will meet key leaders as well as other new employees.
You will also learn more about our organization, our culture and how we
- Additional training and orientation will be provided for you and will be
determined by your Hiring Manager to assure your smooth transition as
a new employee