Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can enroll?
- How do I sign up?
- Do I have to use one of the listed logins?
- During the registration process "I Accept" is grayed out.
- I have already registered! Why is it asking me for my information again?
- Can I use one email address for multiple portal accounts?
- Pop-ups Blocked
- When will my information populate my personal health record?
- Is the portal secure?
- When I send a message, where does it go?
- Can I request an eConsult?
- Who do I contact if I need help?
- How do I know if my computer and internet browser are compatible?
- What is the turnaround time for information/response?
- Why am I unable to see my physician's comments on my lab and imaging results?
- Do you have an iPhone/iPad or Android app?
Who can enroll?
- For patients age 12 and younger, a proxy account is established for the parents or legal guardians. Click here to read more about this process.
- Patients between the ages of 13 - 17 will be required to register in person at their physician's office
- Patients ages 18 and older can register using the standard registration process
- Proxy access can be granted by patients ages 13 and older to parents and legal guardians. Click here to read more.
- Proxy access can be granted by the physician's office if the patient has a diagnosis that significantly affects their decision making ability. You may discuss this with the patient's physician.
How do I sign up?
Patients may sign up during an office visit (photo ID required) or online using one of the four commonly used authentication methods (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Windows Live including Hotmail, MSN and Xbox LIVE ID)
- If you registered in your physician's office you will receive an invitation email. You will be required to enter an invitation code that will be given to you at the time of your visit.
- If you registered online, you will be called to validate your identity prior to releasing your clinical information
- After registering online it will typically take 3 business days or less to process your request and call you to verify your ID.
Do I have to use one of the listed logins?
To answer briefly, yes. We do not have a direct username/password login method through FollowMyHealth™. We have chosen to use Facebook, Google, Yahoo, and/or Windows LiveId for a number of reasons. Most people will have one of these logins. Additionally, these login methods each adhere to Open Authentication 2.0 Standards; which provide for a safe and secure login.
During the registration process "I Accept" is grayed out.
During the registration process, you will be prompted agree on one or more screens. The "I Accept" button will not become clickable until necessary criteria has been met. If you are providing information, please fill in all fields (Social Security Number is optional); if you are at the HIPAA agreement, please select if you are the "Patient" or "Guardian" to proceed.
I have already registered! Why is it asking me for my information again?
Already registered? You have arrived at the registration screen again because you are attempting to create a new FollowMyHealth™ account through a different authentication method (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, or LiveId) than your original account. Try another known login to see if that will pass you through to your existing FollowMyHealth™ account.
Once into your record, please add a new authentication method so that you can login with any of your username/passwords! See Add Authentication Method for help on this matter.
Another tip, is to please try deleting or clearing cookies.
Can I use one email address for multiple portal accounts?
Are you trying to use one email for two or more people but keep logging into only your own account?
A common dilemma is when two (or more) people share one email address. Unfortunately, the only way for FollowMyHealth™ to know which medical record you are attempting to access is by the unique username/password assigned to the online record. In order to login to a different FollowMyHealth™ record, you must have a different username/password.
Note: This new email address can be used for login only. You can easily setup your account to have all notifications go to one email address as described here
In order to authenticate you, we must have a popup handle some communicate between us and your chosen authentication method behind the scenes. If you are having trouble getting in, please add www.followmyhealth.com to your unblocked sites.
Wondering how to add a popup exception? Click below on your browser to see how!
Safari: Safari Menu → Uncheck "Block Pop-Up Windows"
When will my information populate my personal health record?
After you have completed the registration and identity verification process your medical record will begin to populate your personal health record automatically
Is the portal secure?
- Maintaining your privacy is our top priority and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure we meet your expectations as well as all federal and state privacy laws.
- In order to allow most people to simply sign into FollowMyHealth without needing to create a new email address, we offer Facebook, Google, Yahoo, and LiveID as authentication methods. We use a standard protocol to securely authorize users. We will not utilize any additional information from these third party organizations other than what is required to help you gain access to your FollowMyHealth records through their username and password for you.
- FollowMyHealth does not store your username and password. Your credentials will continue to be maintained by those organizations.
- In compliance with federal patient privacy regulations, all data that is transmitted is encrypted to protect during this process. The data storage is also encrypted for protection. Your login occurs over SSL (https), which is an industry standard providing secure communication over the internet.
- Facebook, Google, Yahoo and LiveID provide Jardogs with a confirmation of your identity and then securely grants us access to your personal health record. The identity confirmation is only stored temporarily and will remove itself from the system the moment you close the browsing window (the entire window/program; not just the existing tab).
The first time that you create a FollowMyHealth account, you will be asked to share some basic information from your connecting account so that you we can verify your authorization. Please keep in mind that each organization(Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and LiveID) has a different authentication method. For example, LiveID will ask to grant access to view your profile info and contact list. While this step is necessary, essentially the only information we obtain is your username. FollowMyHealth will NOT be utilizing the potential public information contained in your authenticating accounts pictures, contacts, friends, etc. and will
NOT release and/or sell your information to other organizations, people, etc.
When I send a message, where does it go?
Similar to calling the clinic, messages are routed to the nurse or medical assistants who work closely with your physician. The nurse or medical assistant may respond directly or route the message to the physician. All messages sent to the clinic become part of your medical record.
Can I request an eConsult?
At this time, the portal cannot support eConsult messages however we are looking at add this functionality in the future.
Who do I contact if I need help?
The patient portal should NEVER be used to report a life-threatening or urgent medical condition.
eMail firstname.lastname@example.org with your technical questions and problems
- The turnaround time will be approximately 2 business days or less
- Call your physician's office with questions regarding the contents of your clinical information on the portal
- Common questions can be answered at the patient portal help desk and knowledge base supported by Jardogs
How do I know if my computer and internet browser are compatible?
- Windows 7,Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Apple Mac OS X 10.4.8 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Firefox 2 or 3, Google Chrome 4, Safari 3 or 4
What is the turnaround time for information/response?
- View medical record after initial sign up: up to 3 business days
- Please allow the following intervals for interactions with your health care providers:
- Message request for a call back or follow up: 1-3 business days
- Appointment request: 1-3 business days
- Request for Rx refill: 1-3 business days
- View test results: 3-5 business days
Why am I unable to see my physician’s comments on my lab and imaging results?
- A green check mark next to a test name indicates that you have results that have not yet been reviewed.
- To view the detailed comments/annotations from your physician, click on the magnifying glass icon on the right side, which will produce a pop up box with additional details on your annotation:
Do you have an iPhone/iPad or Android app?
The iPhone/iPad app is available at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/followmyhealthmobile/id502147249?mt=8&ignmpt=uo%3D4
The Android app is available at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appburst.sjhpulse