Awards & Recognition - Southern CA
St. Joseph Hospital – Orange, CA
- Named as one of the Best Regional Hospitals and one of America's Best
Hospitals for Orthopedic Care by U.S. News & World Report; the report
also recognized the hospital for clinical excellence in cancer, ear, nose
and throat, gastroenterology, geriatrics, gynecology, kidney disorders,
orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery.
- One of 60 hospitals named as a Great Orthopedic Program by Orthopaedic
Advantage Healthcare Consulting, LLC.
- Nearly 100 physicians on the hospital's medical staff were named Physicians
of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association and recognized
in Orange Coast magazine for their achievements.
- Consumer Reports listed a group of thoracic and cardiovascular surgeons
based at the hospital as one of the nation's top 50 groups, one of
three top groups in California, and the only group in Orange County on the list.
- Third consecutive Certificate of Excellence from California Hospital Assessment
and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) -- only three Orange County hospitals
have earned this accolade.
- Baby-Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly, USA, joining only 5 percent
of the hospitals in the nation with this designation.
- Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence.
View complete list.
Mission Hospital – Mission Viejo, CA
- Mission Hospital received the highest, 3-star rating for cardiac surgery
from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons for July 1, 2012 through June 30,
2013. This rating is awarded to approximately 13 percent of top performing
hospitals across the country.
- Mission Hospital among 100 hospitals recognized for our commitment to patient
safety through the Patient Safety First (PSF) program, which is a unique
initiative designed to reduce hospital infections and reduce medical costs
at facilities throughout the state.
- Grand Prize Award in Patient Safety for Nursing Department's "Just
Culture" initiative from Georgetown University's first National
Nursing Patient Safety Awards
- Michael Ritter, M.D., an MH emergency department physician, was named Physician
of the Year by the Orange County Medical Association for his exemplary
career achievements at the hospital and community involvement
- First Orange County hospital to adopt and implement AirStrip OB , an innovative
patient monitoring solution that provides obstetricians with real-time
health data through smart phone devices
awards and designations.
St. Jude Medical Center – Fullerton, CA
- The Joint Commission designated St. Jude Medical Center as a Primary Stroke
Center, a nationally recognized achievement which honors those hospitals
that meet its exacting standards for the treatment of stroke and make
exceptional efforts to foster better patient outcomes (2011-14)
- By meeting the highest national standards in patient safety and quality
of care, St. Jude earned 3-year accreditation by The Joint Commission.
The accreditation is based on the results of an unannounced on-site survey. (2012-15)
The St. Jude Kathryn T. McCarty Breast Center received a three year accreditation
from the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for
Breast Centers (NAPBC). Accreditation by the NAPBC is granted only to
those centers committed to providing the best possible care to patients
with diseases of the breast. (2013-16)
- Three-year accreditation with commendation from the American College of
Surgeons on Cancer (2011-14)
- Designated as Baby Friendly, joining only 5 percent of hospitals in the
nation to hold this designation. Being a Baby-Friendly hospital means
that St. Jude is committed to providing comprehensive support and education
for breastfeeding mothers and their infants.
- American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association's Get with
the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- Three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast
- Three-year accreditation and exemplary designation for inpatient spinal
cord injury, brain injury, stroke and outpatient rehabilitation by the
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. (2013-16)
- Three-year accreditation with commendation in all standards and the Outstanding
Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons' Commission
on Cancer. (2011-14)
View complete list.
St. Mary Medical Center – Apple Valley, CA
- First hospital in the High Desert to perform transradial percutaneous coronary
intervention (PCI), an advanced technique for testing arterial blockages.
- First Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center in the High Desert to hyperbaric
- First hospital in San Bernardino County to have a regional child and family
obesity program achieving Healthy People 2020 targets to reduce obesity by 10%.
- First hospital in San Bernardino County leading a regional healthy city
campaign engaging four cities;
- St. Mary Medical Center has been designated a “Baby-Friendly”
hospital by Baby-Friendly USA ; joining only 5 percent of hospitals in
the nation with this designation.
St. Joseph Health, St. Mary's Community Health Department, for the
second consecutive year, gained the Loyalty and Endorsement Award as well
as the Five Star Service Award from patient survey vendor Avatar International.
The awards are presented to those exceeding the 90th percentile in Avatar's data base for loyalty and service.
- In FY13, St. Joseph Health, St. Mary opened the region's first and
only Amputation Prevention Center in concert with its Outpatient Wound
- St. Joseph Health, St. Mary was named the best hospital in the High Desert
Region by the Daily Press in its 2013 annual readers' poll. St. Mary
gained the distinction as the "most preferred" hospital in the
High Desert as well.
- St. Joseph Health, St. Mary received the Get With The Guidelines Stroke
Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association.
The award recognized St. Mary's commitment and success in implementing
a higher standard of care by ensuring that stroke patients receive treatment
according to nationally accepted guidelines.