Awards & Recognition - Southern CA
St. Joseph Hospital – Orange, CA
- Named as one of the Best Regional Hospitals and one of America's Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Care by U.S. News & World Report; the report also recognized the hospital for clinical excellence in cancer, ear, nose and throat, gastroenterology, geriatrics, gynecology, kidney disorders, orthopedics, neurology and neurosurgery.
- One of 60 hospitals named as a Great Orthopedic Program by Orthopaedic Advantage Healthcare Consulting, LLC.
- Nearly 100 physicians on the hospital's medical staff were named Physicians of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association and recognized in Orange Coast magazine for their achievements.
- Consumer Reports listed a group of thoracic and cardiovascular surgeons based at the hospital as one of the nation's top 50 groups, one of three top groups in California, and the only group in Orange County on the list.
- Third consecutive Certificate of Excellence from California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) -- only three Orange County hospitals have earned this accolade.
- Baby-Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly, USA, joining only 5 percent of the hospitals in the nation with this designation.
- Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence.
- View complete list.
Mission Hospital – Mission Viejo, CA
- Mission Hospital received the highest, 3-star rating for cardiac surgery from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons for July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013. This rating is awarded to approximately 13 percent of top performing hospitals across the country.
- Mission Hospital among 100 hospitals recognized for our commitment to patient safety through the Patient Safety First (PSF) program, which is a unique initiative designed to reduce hospital infections and reduce medical costs at facilities throughout the state.
- Grand Prize Award in Patient Safety for Nursing Department's "Just Culture" initiative from Georgetown University's first National Nursing Patient Safety Awards
- Michael Ritter, M.D., an MH emergency department physician, was named Physician of the Year by the Orange County Medical Association for his exemplary career achievements at the hospital and community involvement
- First Orange County hospital to adopt and implement AirStrip OB , an innovative patient monitoring solution that provides obstetricians with real-time health data through smart phone devices
View more awards and
St. Jude Medical Center – Fullerton, CA
- The Joint Commission designated St. Jude Medical Center as a Primary Stroke Center, a nationally recognized achievement which honors those hospitals that meet its exacting standards for the treatment of stroke and make exceptional efforts to foster better patient outcomes (2011-14)
- By meeting the highest national standards in patient safety and quality of care, St. Jude earned 3-year accreditation by The Joint Commission. The accreditation is based on the results of an unannounced on-site survey. (2012-15)
- The St. Jude Kathryn T. McCarty Breast Center received a three year accreditation from the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Accreditation by the NAPBC is granted only to those centers committed to providing the best possible care to patients with diseases of the breast. (2013-16)
- Three-year accreditation with commendation from the American College of Surgeons on Cancer (2011-14)
- Designated as Baby Friendly, joining only 5 percent of hospitals in the nation to hold this designation. Being a Baby-Friendly hospital means that St. Jude is committed to providing comprehensive support and education for breastfeeding mothers and their infants.
- American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- Three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. (2013-16)
- Three-year accreditation and exemplary designation for inpatient spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke and outpatient rehabilitation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. (2013-16)
- Three-year accreditation with commendation in all standards and the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer. (2011-14)
- View complete list.
St. Mary Medical Center – Apple Valley, CA
- First hospital in the High Desert to perform transradial percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), an advanced technique for testing arterial blockages.
- First Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine Center in the High Desert to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- First hospital in San Bernardino County to have a regional child and family obesity program achieving Healthy People 2020 targets to reduce obesity by 10%.
- First hospital in San Bernardino County leading a regional healthy city campaign engaging four cities;
- St. Mary Medical Center has been designated a “Baby-Friendly” hospital by Baby-Friendly USA ; joining only 5 percent of hospitals in the nation with this designation.
- St. Joseph Health, St. Mary's Community Health Department, for the second consecutive year, gained the Loyalty and Endorsement Award as well as the Five Star Service Award from patient survey vendor Avatar International. The awards are presented to those exceeding the 90th percentile in Avatar's data base for loyalty and service.
- In FY13, St. Joseph Health, St. Mary opened the region's first and only Amputation Prevention Center in concert with its Outpatient Wound Care Center.
- St. Joseph Health, St. Mary was named the best hospital in the High Desert Region by the Daily Press in its 2013 annual readers' poll. St. Mary gained the distinction as the "most preferred" hospital in the High Desert as well.
- St. Joseph Health, St. Mary received the Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association. The award recognized St. Mary's commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care by ensuring that stroke patients receive treatment according to nationally accepted guidelines.