Dr. Marsland has over 30 years of experience in treating patients with hematologic and oncologic issues. He believes the doctor-patient relationship is a team with both parties involved in determining the best plan of care. He actively supports the St. Joseph Clinical Research Program. Dr. Marsland recently moved from Florida to Northern California (April 2017) with his wife to be near his family of three daughters and his new grandson. His hobbies include fine dining and good wine. The Sonoma/Napa County area are a great fit.
I. Biomarker Analyses From a Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Phase Illb Trial Comparing Bevacizumab With or Without Erlotinib as Maintenance Therapy for the Treatment of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, May' 13. Submission to Journal of Clinical Oncology.
2. Atlas: Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase ll!B Trial Comparing Bevacizumab Therapy With or Without Erlotinib, After Completion of Chemotherapy With Bevacizumab for First-Line Treatment of Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer, 2012. Johnson, B., Kabbinavar, F., Fehrenbacher, L., Hainsworth, J., Kasubhai, S., Kresse!, B., Lin, Chin-Yu., Marsland, T., Patel, T., Polikoff, J., Rubin, M., White, L., Chin-Hsin Yang, J., Bowden, C., Miller, V. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2012.
3. Marsland, Lung Cancer Screening: A New Era Oncology, February 2012.
4. Marsland, Reducing Cancer Costs & Improving Quality through Collaboration with payers, Journal of Oncology Practice, Sept. 2010.
5. S.L. Wong, P. Mamgu, T. Chati, G. Dodd, G. Dorfman, C. Emg, T. Marsland. et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2009 Clinical Epredesine Review of RFA of Hepatic met Journal of Clinical Oncology. 28:493-508, 2010.
6. B. McAnemy, T. Marsland, K. King; News and Notes from 2009 CAC. Meeting Medical Necessity, off label News and Notes From the 2009 Carrier Advisory Committee Meeting: Medical Necessity, Off-Label Chemotherapy, and More, Journal of Oncology Practices; 301-304, Nov. 09.
7, Matuzumab in second line treatment for patients with Stage III & IV NSCLC, J. Thorac One. '09.
8. J.A. Bubis, I.A. Marsland, K.M, Justice, D. Edwards. Features of patients (pts) with metastatic breast cancer
(MBC) and a circulating tumor cell count (CTCC) of 0. Accepted for poster discussions, San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2007. Abstract l 06.
9. C.P. Belani, S. Ramalingam, M. Schreede, R. Steis, R. Guidice, T. Marsland, B. Butler. Phase II study of Cetuximab in combination with Carboplatin and Docetaxel for patients with advanced/Metastatic non small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2007 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I. Vol. 25, No. 18S (June 20 Supplement), 2007:764.
10. Gray, J., Spigel, D., Hainsworth, J., Vazquez, E., Peyton, J., Raefsky, E., Malik, R., Marsland, T., Waples, J., Greco, F. Maintenance gefitnib (0) after chemo radiotherapy (CRT) in patients (pts) with unresectable stage IIIA/B non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): A Phase II trial of Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Network. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2006 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I, Vol. 24, No. 18S (June Supplement), 2006: 7188.
11. Shipley, D., Hainsworth, J., Spigel, D., Gray, J., Barton, J., Switzer, A., Nicolau, M,, Marsland, T., Jospeh, G., Greco, F., Topotecan: Weekly Intravenous (IV) Schedule Similar to Standard 5-Day IV.Schedule as Second-Line Therapy for Relapsed Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC) -A Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Network Phase II Trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2006 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings Part I. Vol. 24, No. 18S (June 20 Supplement), 2006: 7083.
12. Result ofa Phase II trial ofGencitabine in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Performance Status of Two. Clinical Lung Cancer Trials, Volume 6 #4, 2005.
13. I.A, Marsland, D.H. Garfield, M.M. Khan, R.M. Look, K.A. Boehm, L.A. Smar. Sequential vs Concurrent Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer (ANSCLC) in elderly patients with poor performance status: results of two Phase II, multicenter trials. US Oncology Research Inc., 2004.
14. Neubauer, M., Reynolds, C., Joppert, M., Whittaker, T,, Ahmad, Y., Ghaddar, H., Marsland, T., Asmar, L., US Oncology Research, Inc,, Houston, TX. Preliminary results of a phase II trial utilizing Gemcitabine in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer and a performance status 2. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2004 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceeding (Post Meeting Edition). Volume 22, No I 4S (July Supplement), 2004: 1721.
I5. Sequential Verses Concurrent Paclitaxel and Carboplatin for the Treatment of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer in Elderly and Patients with Poor Performance Status. Result of our Phase II Trial Lung Cancer, June, 2004.
16. Phase II Trial Utilizing Oemcitabine in Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and a Performance Status 2, American Society of Clinical Oncology Abstracts, 2004, #7121 Poster Presentation.
17. Liposomal Doxorubicin as a Single Agent Treatment of Low-Grade Non- Hodgkin's, Vol. 3 #4, 2003.
18. Phase II Study of First-line Chemotherapy Using CT-2103 in Patients with NSCLC who are Less than or Equal to 70 years of Age or who have PS= 2. Abstract, 2002.
19. Joppert, M., Garfield, D., Gregurich, M., Nemunaitis, J,, Marsland, T., Khandelwal, P., Asmar, L. US Oncology, Houston, TX. First-line Chemotherapy with Topotecan and Gemcitabine for Patients with Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. American Society of Clinical Oncology Abstracts, 2002, #2671.
20. Phase II Study if Sequential Chemo-Therapy followed by Maintenance Therapy with Oral Orzel in Patients with Stage IIIB & IV Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Abstract
2I. U.S. Oncology Clinical Research the Role and Function of the Lung Committee. Abstract Second. World Conference on Clinical Research for Lung Cancer, 2002.
22. Garbo, L., Marsland, T., Garfield, D., Khan, M., Asmar, L. US Oncology, Houston, TX., A phase II Study of Weekly Paclitaxel (Taxol®) In Stage IIIB, IV, or Relapsed After Local Therapy, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
(NSCLC) Patients with a Performance Status of2 and/ or 70 Years of Age, with (Paraplatin®) Administered at Disease Progression. ASCO, 2001. Abstract #2821.
23. Phase II Study of Weekly Taxol and Paraplatin in Stage IIIB & IV NSCLC in patients who are Less Than Equal to Age 70 and a Male with PS II. ASCO Abstract, 2001. #2819.
24. Liposomal Doxorubicin as a Single Agent Treatment of Low-Grade Non-Hodgkin's. American Society Hematology Abstract, 2000.
25. Estrogen Receptor Status and Response to Advance Breast Cancer. CANCER, 46;2919-2921, 1980.
26. Estrogen Receptor Status and Response Chemotherapy. ASCO Abstracts, 1979.
- Over twenty-six years clinical research experience, including industry and network trials.
ASCO Self Evaluation Program
- 2007 Lung Cancer Chapter
- 2009 Presentation & Screening Chapter
- 2011 Presentation & Screening Chapter
- 2014 Preventions and Screening Chapter
Veridex: Role of Circulation Tumor Cells
- 2008 Houston, TX
- 2009 Huntsville, AL
- 2009 Huntsville, IN
Cost of Healthcare with ION
- 2008 Phoenix, AZ
- 2009 Houston, TX
Healthcare Economics (Con/era Group)
- 2007 Charlotte, NC
- 2008 Charlotte, NC
- 2009 Princeton, NJ
2012 Stress of Community Oncology Practices
2012 Value Based Cancer Care Conferences
2013 Value Based Cancer Care Conferences