Dr. Starr moved to Humboldt County in 2015. He and his family enjoy taking advantage of the many outdoor activities here. He also works at the St. Joseph Health Medical Group Pain Management Clinic and is accepting new patients.
As a new addition to Humboldt Medical Specialists' Interventional Pain Management practice, I am excited to be partnering with Dr. Daniel Krauchuk and continuing in building a great team. I am coming most recently from the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM, where I was Director of the Pain Consultation and Treatment Center for three years.
I have extensive experience in pain management and anesthesiology and offer specialized services for patients suffering from acute or chronic pain, spinal conditions, nerve and muscle disease, non-surgical orthopedic injuries, and cancer. I work with each of my patients carefully, analyzing their condition and lifestyle to determine the most appropriate treatment.
Some of my treatments for pain management include techniques such as specialized injections, assistive devices, physical and occupational therapies to alleviate pain and help patients regain mobility, independence, and function.
- Epidural steroid injections
- Radiofrequency ablation of facet joints
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Sacroiliac joint pain
- Radiofrequency ablation of knee
- Botox injections for migraine
- Spinal cord stimulator, trials and implants
- Pain pumps for cancer pain
- Baclofen pumps for spasticity
I am a member of the following professional health organizations:
- Humboldt-Del Norte Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- California Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Pain Society
- Spine Intervention Society
I am proud to be part of our medical community and I look forward to working with you and assisting you with any of your pain management needs. Please feel free to contact my office at (707) 476-2929, at any time.