Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can enroll?
- How do I sign up?
- Do I have to use one of the listed logins?
- During the registration process "I Accept" is grayed out.
- I have already registered! Why is it asking me for my information again?
- Can I use one email address for multiple portal accounts?
- Pop-ups Blocked
- When will my information populate my personal health record?
- Is the portal secure?
- When I send a message, where does it go?
- Can I request an eConsult?
- Who do I contact if I need help?
- How do I know if my computer and internet browser are compatible?
- What is the turnaround time for information/response?
- Why am I unable to see my physician's comments on my lab and imaging results?
- Do you have an iPhone/iPad or Android app?
Who can enroll?
- For patients age 12 and younger, a proxy account is established for the
parents or legal guardians.
- Patients between the ages of 13 - 17 will be required to register in person
at their physician's office
- Patients ages 18 and older can register using the standard registration process
- Proxy access can be granted by patients ages 13 and older to parents and
- Proxy access can be granted by the physician's office if the patient
has a diagnosis that significantly affects their decision making ability.
You may discuss this with the patient's physician.
How do I sign up?
Patients may sign up during an office visit (photo ID required) or online
using one of the four commonly used authentication methods (Facebook,
Google, Yahoo, Windows Live including Hotmail, MSN and Xbox LIVE ID)
- If you registered in your physician's office you will receive an invitation
email. You will be required to enter an invitation code that will be given
to you at the time of your visit.
If you registered online, you will be called to validate your identity
prior to releasing your clinical information
- After registering online it will typically take 3 business days or less
to process your request and call you to verify your ID.
Do I have to use one of the listed logins?
To answer briefly, yes. We do not have a direct username/password login
method through FollowMyHealth™. We have chosen to use Facebook,
Google, Yahoo, and/or Windows LiveId for a number of reasons. Most people
will have one of these logins. Additionally, these login methods each
adhere to Open Authentication 2.0 Standards; which provide for a safe
and secure login.
During the registration process "I Accept" is grayed out.
During the registration process, you will be prompted agree on one or more
screens. The "I Accept" button will not become clickable until
necessary criteria has been met. If you are providing information, please
fill in all fields (Social Security Number is optional); if you are at
the HIPAA agreement, please select if you are the "Patient"
or "Guardian" to proceed.
I have already registered! Why is it asking me for my information again?
Already registered? You have arrived at the registration screen again because
you are attempting to create a new FollowMyHealth™ account through
a different authentication method (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, or LiveId)
than your original account. Try another known login to see if that will
pass you through to your existing FollowMyHealth™ account.
Once into your record, please add a new authentication method so that you
can login with any of your username/passwords!
Another tip, is to please try deleting or clearing cookies.
Can I use one email address for multiple portal accounts?
Are you trying to use one email for two or more people but keep logging
into only your own account?
A common dilemma is when two (or more) people share one email address.
Unfortunately, the only way for FollowMyHealth™ to know which medical
record you are attempting to access is by the unique username/password
assigned to the online record. In order to login to a different FollowMyHealth™
record, you must have a different username/password.
Note: This new email address can be used for login only. You can easily
setup your account to have all notifications go to one email address as
In order to authenticate you, we must have a popup handle some communicate
between us and your chosen authentication method behind the scenes. If
you are having trouble getting in, please add
www.followmyhealth.com to your unblocked sites.
Wondering how to add a popup exception? Click below on your browser to see how!
Safari: Safari Menu → Uncheck "Block Pop-Up Windows"
When will my information populate my personal health record?
After you have completed the registration and identity verification process
your medical record will begin to populate your personal health record
Is the portal secure?
- Maintaining your privacy is our top priority and we have taken the necessary
steps to ensure we meet your expectations as well as all federal and state
- In order to allow most people to simply sign into FollowMyHealth without
needing to create a new email address, we offer Facebook, Google, Yahoo,
and LiveID as authentication methods. We use a standard protocol to securely
authorize users. We will not utilize any additional information from these
third party organizations other than what is required to help you gain
access to your FollowMyHealth records through their username and password for you.
- FollowMyHealth does not store your username and password. Your credentials
will continue to be maintained by those organizations.
- In compliance with federal patient privacy regulations, all data that is
transmitted is encrypted to protect during this process. The data storage
is also encrypted for protection. Your login occurs over SSL (https),
which is an industry standard providing secure communication over the internet.
- Facebook, Google, Yahoo and LiveID provide Jardogs with a confirmation
of your identity and then securely grants us access to your personal health
record. The identity confirmation is only stored temporarily and will
remove itself from the system the moment you close the browsing window
(the entire window/program; not just the existing tab).
The first time that you create a FollowMyHealth account, you will be asked
to share some basic information from your connecting account so that you
we can verify your authorization. Please keep in mind that each organization(Facebook,
Yahoo, Google, and LiveID) has a different authentication method. For
example, LiveID will ask to grant access to view your profile info and
contact list. While this step is necessary, essentially the only information
we obtain is your username. FollowMyHealth will
NOT be utilizing the potential public information contained in your authenticating
accounts pictures, contacts, friends, etc. and will
NOT release and/or sell your information to other organizations, people, etc.
When I send a message, where does it go?
Similar to calling the clinic, messages are routed to the nurse or medical
assistants who work closely with your physician. The nurse or medical
assistant may respond directly or route the message to the physician.
All messages sent to the clinic become part of your medical record.
Can I request an eConsult?
At this time, the portal cannot support eConsult messages however we are
looking at add this functionality in the future.
Who do I contact if I need help?
The patient portal should
NEVER be used to report a life-threatening or urgent medical condition.
email@example.com with your technical questions and problems
- The turnaround time will be approximately 2 business days or less
- Call your physician's office with questions regarding the contents
of your clinical information on the portal
How do I know if my computer and internet browser are compatible?
- Windows 7,Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Apple Mac OS X 10.4.8 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Firefox 2 or 3, Google Chrome 4, Safari 3 or 4
What is the turnaround time for information/response?
- View medical record after initial sign up: up to 3 business days
Please allow the following intervals for interactions with your health
- Message request for a call back or follow up: 1-3 business days
- Appointment request: 1-3 business days
- Request for Rx refill: 1-3 business days
- View test results: 3-5 business days
Why am I unable to see my physician’s comments on my lab and imaging results?
A green check mark next to a test name indicates that you have results
that have not yet been reviewed.
- To view the detailed comments/annotations from your physician, click on
the magnifying glass icon on the right side, which will produce a pop
up box with additional details on your annotation:
Do you have an iPhone/iPad or Android app?
The iPhone/iPad app is available at:
The Android app is available at: